Avoid unnecessary risk by saving cost in healthcare Healthcare savings
Reduce the risk and reduce costs, the use of Redsense can save millions.
Cost savings, the use of Redsense can save millions:
Estimating the cost of Redsense 2.7 € / 3.35 $ per treatment (3 patients per device ).
By using Redsense on 20% of the HD patients:
Healthcare savings close to 200 000 000 € can be made annually.
Cost for a VND incident: 1
|Based on Ahlmén study about 40% of the VND’s need blood transfusion and two extra days in the hospital 9|
–Serious event with hospitalization:
|Example: A patient in the ER for 4 h received oxygen at 2L/min, blood drawn for routine panel, an abdominal CT scan; the bill was 24 700 €|
Review includes the following publications:
- Hurst J, A Costly Complication: Venous Needle Dislodgement. http://www.renalbusiness.com/
- Ahlmén J, Gydell KH, Hadimeri H, Hernandez I, Rogland B, Strömbom U (2008) A new safety device for hemodialysis Hemodialysis International 12 (2), Page 264–267.
- Polaschegg, H-D. EDTNA/ERCA Conference, Prague, September 2008, Seminar, “Venous needle dislodgement: A safety issue. Possible methods for detection and prevention of major blood loss” Page 40.
- Patients Safety Advisory; Veteran Health Administration Warning System; Published by VA Central Office; October 21, 2008 http://www.patientsafety.gov/alerts.html#2010.
- Sandroni, S, Shockerman, T, Hayes-Light, K, Catastrophic Hemorrhage from Venous Needle Dislodgement during Hemodialysis, Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, volume 9, November 2008, Abstract issue.
- Derik White, Gambro; Oral presentation EDTNA Congress Florence 2007 oral presentation.